After months of being absent, I've decided I want to pick up my blogging again. I'm hoping to make this a more regular thing.
So, from previous posts, it's no secret we suffered our heartbreaking miscarriage. It is still a difficult memory for us, as milestones come and go. But there is a silver lining..... I'm pregnant!!
In fact, I've got less than ten weeks to go now until the due date.
From the second I got that second line on the pregnancy test, I've worried about going through the absolute sheer horror of losing the baby again.
To get to the 12 week scan was the first hurdle because I had the horrid misfortune of losing the baby just a few hours before my scheduled 12 week scan last time. I needn't have worried because baby was happy and dancing away in there. Perhaps dancing too much, in fact, because the sonographer was unable to get the measurements she needed to detect any chromosomal issues, like Downs Syndrome! So, instead I had the quad blood test instead; I wish I hadn't because the results came back as 1:85 chance of Downs, which is classed as high risk. It didn't and doesn't make any difference to us because we don't believe in abortion but it has caused a little worry every now and then.
So roll on the 20 week anomaly scan, where we'd be looking for any further "markers" for Downs. Luckily, baby was a little more well behaved and the sonographer could take the measurements she needed. All looked well and so we just hope the blood test was skewed.
Oh, and throughout all of this, I had chronic morning (ha! all day more like!) sickness until 24/25 weeks! Plus dreadful restless leg syndrome which has prevented me from sleeping many many nights.
But, despite all the worry and not so glam symptoms, I think I may have complained twice. It's such a wonderful, beautiful blessing to be pregnant again and so I am generally welcoming the pains, strains and aches that come with growing a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment